Friday, December 31, 2010

Wakey Wakey

Its New Year's Eve, a time where people stay up and ring in the new year with celebration and copious amounts of partying. For me, its going to be easy to stay up late because you see, I just woke up.

This requires some explaining: my girlfriend (oh yeah, did I mention I'm off the market? I'll get into that at a later time) has a theory about how people who have the inability to realize just how much potential they have and instead live out their lives in depression and mediocrity are living in a dream-like state. Clearly, not a good dream. But to snap out of that funk and realize there's SO much more, to take stock of your life and realize that it needs an overhaul, that is waking from that dream.

So what's this mean for me? It means I'm shaking things up a bit! I'm learning to get it through my head that I'm important and I deserve a better life than what I'm living right now. Also, I'm finally getting it through my head that now truly is the best time to get some serious work done on myself in practically every way.

With that, here are my resolutions for 2011

-Lose as much weight as possible. I'll be very strict on this.
-Exercise every week. Also strict.
-Finish the first draft of my novel.
-Start the D&D campaign setting I've been thinking about for ages but have yet to write.
-Get Less Than Super ready to start shooting by summer.
-If I get Disability, get into physical therapy and better my health and quality of life.
-Get out of the house and go do something at least three times a week.
-Spend every Saturday cleaning my room, bathroom, and car. This will be easier than it sounds since weekly cleanings will keep clutter and messes to a minimum.
-Do a thorough dusting of my room once a month.
-Get a job when I'm physically able to.

A daunting list, but nothing on it is terribly difficult. The first two will be tough, I admit, but I'll be damned if I'm going to keep going this way. I deserve better, and no one or nothing will stand in my way anymore.

After all, how can they? They're still dozing.

No comments:

Post a Comment